Team Rwanda wins the Tour du Rwanda for the second year in a row!
(Excerpts from the New Times Rwanda publication):
After Valens Ndayisenga’s historic win last year in the UCI Africa 2.2 Tour du Rwanda cycling race, Rwandans have found a new champion in Jean-Bosco Nsengimana. The young rider from Rubavu on shores of Lake Kivu, stood out throughout the week by winning three stages and wearing the yellow jersey from first to the last day. Like Ndayisenga, Nsengimana, 22, recorded the first major victory of his young career after clocking 23:54:50 in the seven-stage race that covered a total distance of 928.4 kilometers.
Rwandans dominated the entire race since the first day, leaving no chance to their opponents from Eritrea, Morocco, France, South Africa and elsewhere.
1. Jean-Bosco Nsengimana (Team Karisimbi) 23:54:50
2. Joseph Areruya (Team Akagera) 23h56:35
3. Camera Hakuzimana (Team Muhabura) 2’45”
4. Eyob Metkel (Eritrea) 3’02”
5. Patrick Byukusenge (Team Karisimbi) 3’04”