Last year, the Rotary Club of Coto de Caza/ Rancho Santa Margarita del Sol, Docent Brewing, and Laguna Beach Beer Company brought you a truly epic Beer Garden!
This year they’re back and are stepping up their game. Rotary is looking to build wells in Rwanda. Anyone who has been to that area of the world knows that clean water is very important.
Well, we just so happen to know some Rwandan who can help.
All of this years proceeds from the Beer Garden will be donated to Rotary to help with this Well Project!
Here is a message directly from the Rotary Guys and Gals themselves.
“$24 is all it takes to provide clean safe water to one person. That is why the Rotary Club of Coto de Caza / Rancho Santa Margarita del Sol supports water projects to provide clean, sustainable water and sanitation to areas in need throughout Africa. We have teamed up with Ride for Rwanda, Laguna Beach Beer Company and Docent Brewing to help bring water to Africa. All proceeds from this Beer garden will be used to build sustainable, safe and clean wells in Africa.
· 844 million people worldwide don’t have clean water.
· 2.3 billion people don’t have a decent toilet.
· 31% of schools worldwide don’t have clean water.
· Every minute a newborn dies from infection caused by lack of safe water and an unclean environment.
· Diarrhoea caused by dirty water and poor toilets kills a child under 5 every 2 minutes.
· Around the world, up to 443 million school days are lost every year because of water-related illnesses.
· Every $1 invested in water and toilets returns an average of $4 in increased productivity.
· The World Bank says promoting good hygiene is one of the most cost-effective health interventions.
Rotary Club of Coto de Caza/Rancho Santa Margarita del Sol
PLEASE JOIN US AT OUR NEXT MEETING 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 7:00 a.m. Tijeras Creek Golf Club 29082 Tijeras Creek Rancho Santa Margarita, CA”